- Wash and chop carrots and celery. Peel and dice the onion. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute carrots, celery, onion, and 1/2 tsp salt until the vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chicken and broth then thyme, pepper, turmeric, and any additional salt to taste depending on how salty your broth is.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes, or until flavors are well combined.
- Return pot to a boil use the soup to cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Serve and garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
*After stripping the meat, either freeze the carcass to make bone broth later or use it now to make the bone broth for this recipe.
**I used RP’s gluten-free fusilli since I wanted to try it out but if you need a strict paleo option, my favorite pasta is Cappello’s brand. Their fettuccine would be a perfect option, especially if you cut it into shorter strips first. Budget-friendly options would be to use a cheaper gluten-free noodle or substitute the noodles all together with rice, cauliflower rice, diced potatoes/sweet potatoes, forgo the noodles completely and enjoy a bowl of chicken soup, or try my recipe for chicken and dumplings instead.