- 1 bar of dark chocolate of choice, about 3 oz
- 2 Tbsp nut of choice, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp dried fruit of choice
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt, or add to taste
- Line a microwave safe plate with parchment paper. Unwrap the chocolate bar and place it on top of the paper.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time until the bar is melted but still retaining its rectangular shape. It should take about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total.
- Sprinkle the fruit and nuts on top of the chocolate then gently press down to set them in place (careful, the chocolate tends to get really hot).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside until the chocolate re-solidifies. (You can refrigerate it to speed things up if you like.)
- Once chocolate is solid again, break into pieces and enjoy!
For nut-free, replace with a seed like sunflower or pumpkin. You can also simply omit the nuts and add extra fruit.
If your dried fruit is particularly large (like dried apricots), you may want to chop them up a bit.
Shortcut: Skip the microwave and make this “trail mix” style. Break up the chocolate and mix it with the toppings. Done! This way you can enjoy a snack now and not wait for the chocolate to solidify. Hey, we’ve all been there, right?!