A celiac-safe meal you can grab ingredients for over your lunch break and still have enough leftovers in the office fridge to eat throughout the week.
- 2 large handfuls of pre-washed, bagged salad mix of your choice
- 3 oz lunchmeat or canned fish such as tuna, salmon, or sardines (make sure lid is pull-top)
- For the dressing: your choice of lemon juice, lime juice, hot sauce, or brine from a jar of pepperoncini - to taste
- small handful of almonds or sunflower seeds, optional
- Place two large handfuls of salad in a bowl.
- If you bought lunch meat, cut or tear it into bite sized pieces. If you bought canned fish, drain and separate the meat with a fork. Add this to the top of the salad along with the almonds or sunflower seeds, if you're using them.
- Top with lemon juice or hot sauce to taste. If you bought a jar of pepperoncini instead, pour a little brine over the top and add a few pepperoncini to your salad.
There are no true measurements in this recipe because I'm assuming you won't have the tools to measure ingredients while out and about.
If you buy canned fish, make sure you either have a can opener or the can has a pull top.
If you don't have anything to serve this in, remember to pick up paper bowls and plastic utensils at the store!