- 1 lb. grass-fed/grass-finished beef
- 1 batch taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 romaine hearts or 1 medium head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup raw shredded cheese (omit for dairy-free version)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup minced green onion
- 1 cup crushed Siete Foods Nacho Grain-Free Tortilla Chips
- Brown the ground meat in a skillet on the stovetop (do not drain the fat).
- Add taco seasoning and let cook for another minute or so to combine the flavors.
- Make the dressing by combining the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, onion powder, paprika and salt in a small dish and set aside.
- Roughly chop the lettuce and place into a medium size serving dish.
- Top the lettuce with beef, cheese, tomatoes and green onion and toss together.
- Just before serving, combined the dressing with the salad and mix well.
- Serve the crushed tortilla chips on the side and top individual portions as they are served. If you mix the chips into the big batch of salad prior to serving they will lose their crunch.
You can prepare the taco meat, salad dressing and salad ingredients as separate components ahead of time so that you can toss everything together when it’s time to serve.