Chewy bagels seasoned with roasted garlic and oregano act as the crust for these gluten free, dairy free mini pizzas.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare dough as stated in the recipe instructions but remember to mix the garlic and oregano into the dry ingredients.
- Dust a clean work surface or a sheet of parchment paper with a little extra tapioca starch. Divide the dough into four equal pieces and form each into smooth balls of dough. Place the dough on your work surface and just slightly flatten them with your hand to get them a little wider (and bagel shaped!) Use your thumb to punch a hole in the center of each bagel.
- In a small saucepan, bring the 5 cups of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add one bagel and boil for 2 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Use a heat-resistant slotted spoon to check that the bagel doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot when you first put it in. Remove with the slotted spoon and repeat the process with the three remaining bagels.
- Bake the bagels on the parchment lined baking sheet for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bagel comes out clean and the middle no longer looks “gummy”. Note that these don't brown very much at all.
- Keep the oven on but allow bagels to cool to a temperature you can handle them comfortably then slice each in half. Spread pizza sauce onto each half then top with the dairy free mozzarella and toppings of choice.
- Return to oven for another 5-10 minutes (basically until the cheese melts and the toppings are heated). Allow the bagel pizzas to cool slightly then serve fresh.
- Potential allergens contained in this recipe may vary due to brands of ingredients used, product reformulations, etc. Please verify that all your ingredients are safe for you to consume and always be mindful of allergen cross contamination while cooking.
- When reheating these pizzas, be sure that the bagel portion is heated thoroughly for optimal texture.
- Use whatever toppings you enjoy. I just used what I had on hand - mini pepperoni, green bell pepper, and olives.