A gluten and dairy free take on biscuits and sausage gravy that is also paleo-friendly.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Roll out multi-purpose dough on a surface lightly dusted with some tapioca starch and cut out circles using a coffee mug. You should roll the dough thick enough to get 6 circles or 5 plus a 6th from the dough scraps. These will at least double in height in the oven.
- Place these biscuits on a baking sheet and bake 10-13 minutes. They shouldn't brown much but a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean when they are fully cooked.
- While the biscuits bake, brown sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, remove from the skillet using a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave the remaining fat in the skillet.
- Whisk in coconut milk and spices then increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the cold water and tapioca starch. As soon as the coconut milk comes to a boil, whisk this into the milk. The mixture should thicken up quickly.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sausage.
- To serve, split the biscuits in half and top with gravy while hot.