- 4 tilapia fillets
- 3 Tbsp lard or butter, divided
- 3 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 6 C (1 heart) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 C cilantro
- 2 avocado, sliced
- zest from 2 limes, optional
- 8 Tbsp Tessemae's Lemon Chesapeake dressing
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the romaine, cabbage, and cilantro.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the fat and thoroughly coat the fillets in fat. Generously sprinkle both sides of the fillets with the seasoning. It should be more heavily seasoned than you usually season fish.
- Melt the other tablespoon of fat in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When that is hot, fry the tilapia fillets in the skillet for about 3 minutes per side, or until somewhat blackened and fish is fully cooked. Place fish on a paper towel to catch excess fat. Garnish with lime zest.
- Serve the salad with sliced tilapia and sliced avocado on top, then drizzle with the salad dressing.