- 1 2/3 C dark chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate)
- 1 C whole roasted coffee beans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate. Remove from heat and stir in the spices.
- Mix the coffee beans into the melted chocolate until the beans are evenly coated. Lay out a large sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper and drop each individual bean onto the paper as neatly as you can manage. Alternatively, you can drop a few beans at a time onto the paper to make clusters or line a large rimmed baking sheet with the paper and evenly spread the chocolate mixture over it. Allowing to dry and breaking it will make bark. These alternatives are quicker than doing individual beans.
- Allow the beans to dry before removing from the waxed paper. Garnish with extra cinnamon, if desired and store leftovers in an airtight container.