Gluten free and paleo-friendly fish sticks breaded with Jackson’s Honest sweet potato chips. Use my mayo recipe to make the tartar sauce.
- 2 cod fillets
- 70g Jackson’s Honest sweet potato chips (about 4 C)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp Penzeys Spices old world seasoning
- 1/2 batch yellow mayo – replace vinegar with lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp dill
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- After making the mayo, stir in chopped dill pickle, chopped onion, and dill then place in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a food processor, combine chips, arrowroot starch, and seasoning until you have small crumbs. Transfer this mixture to a shallow bowl.
- Slice cod fillets into several sticks. Make sure they are large enough that they don’t fall apart.
- Dip the fish into the egg mixture then coat in the crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake fish for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through. The fish will easily flake apart when it’s fully cooked.
- Serve with tartar sauce and enjoy.
Leftover fish sticks reheat best in the oven or toaster oven.