No bake golden milk cheesecake is packed with delicious spices and uses a creamy cashew based filling to make it dairy free. Gluten free/paleo/vegan option.
For the crust:
For the filling:
- 2 C cashews, soaked in water overnight and brought to room temperature
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C + 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the pecan crumbles and coconut sugar. Use a fork to mix in the 3 tablespoons of softened coconut oil. Transfer this mixture to a springform pan and pack it down evenly with your hands to form a crust.
- Drain the water from the cashews and discard. Add the cashews and all other filling ingredients to a food processor. (I recommend working in two batches if your food processor is small like mine. For two batches, be sure to evenly divide the cashews and liquid ingredients between each batch so that it blends properly.) Run the food processor until the contents are smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Golden milk is typically pretty heavy in spice but I’ve made this one a little lighter as more of a crowd pleaser. After the filling has gone through the food processor, sample a little ad add more spices if you prefer. Once the spices are to your liking, pour the mixture over the crust and refrigerate until set, about four hours.
- Serve chilled. No need to soften.