- 2 C short grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 C water
- 1 C full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- toppings of choice *see notes and blog post for ideas*
- Combine the rice, water, coconut milk, and cinnamon in the Instant Pot (see notes for alternative stovetop instructions). Secure the lid with the valve set to "sealing" then cook on manual for 23 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally before removing the lid. Stir/fluff up the rice.
- To serve, scoop some warm rice into a bowl and finish off with your favorite toppings.
Topping ideas: fruit (apples, berries, caramelized bananas, pear slices,...), nut butter, sunflower seed butter, seeds (chia, sunflower, flax, pumpkin,...), nuts, hemp hearts, dried fruits (cranberries, prunes, raisins,...), candied ginger, preserves, cocoa powder, pumpkin or apple butter, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sweet potato or pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, or anything you'd normally enjoy on oatmeal.
This recipe assumes the user is familiar with and knows how to use an Instant Pot. Always read and follow the manufacturers instructions before attempting to make a recipe in your Instant Pot.
To make this recipe on the stovetop, combine the rice, water, coconut milk, and cinnamon in a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer 45-50 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat and allow to stand, covered, for five minutes before stirring and serving with toppings.