Tropical fajitas with either pineapple or mango served in a lettuce wrap.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or other fat
- 4 bell peppers (any colors), sliced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 C mango, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce for serving
- optional toppings (salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole,…)
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add bell peppers, onion, mango, and shrimp to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper. I think these are really good with lots of pepper.
- Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent over-charring. The shrimp should be fully cooked and everything should be slightly charred when finished. I tried to keep my shrimp on top of the veggies so it wouldn’t overcook but if it starts to overcook, just pull them out and set aside.
- Serve with whatever toppings you like (I like mine plain or just with guac) and lettuce to wrap everything in.
You can use pre-cooked shrimp and just add it when the veggies are almost done cooking. It only needs to cook long enough to heat up.