3 ingredients and 15 minutes is all you need to make these maple cinnamon candied pecans. Try them as an ice cream topping. Gluten free, vegan, and paleo.
- 1/4 C Mohawk Valley Trading Co. grade A dark maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C pecan halves or pieces
- Whisk together the maple syrup and cinnamon until well combined. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, use a rubber spatula to combine the pecans and maple syrup mixture.
- Continue to heat and stir occasionally to keep the pecans evenly coated and prevent burning. Once the syrup has turned to a solid granulated sugar and the pecans no longer stick together (about 15 minutes), these are done and should be removed from the heat immediately.
- Allow the pecans to cool and enjoy as-is, over ice cream/yogurt, or in any of these recipes that call for candied pecans. They also make a great addition to holiday cookie tins.
- Swap the pecans for any nut or seed you prefer.