These mocha bacon pancakes call for gluten free, dairy free ingredients and are packed with flavor despite their simplicity.
- In a blender or food processor, combine eggs, banana, cocoa powder, bacon fat, coffee grounds, and baking soda. The batter should be smooth but a few banana chunks won’t hurt anything.
- Crumble cooked bacon and stir into batter by hand along with the chocolate chips.
- Grease a large skillet or griddle and warm over medium heat. As soon as it gets hot, slowly pour the batter onto the griddle whatever sized pancakes you would like. If your blender doesn’t have a pour spout, a ladle will make this easier.
- When you see bubbles start to form on the pancake and the edges begin to look barely cooked, flip them over to finish cooking.
- If you enjoy stomachaches, top with maple syrup. I love maple but it was just too much for this. I ended up using some whipped coconut cream and it was perfect.
If you don’t have a blender or food processor, the banana should be soft enough that you can easily mash it with a potato masher or a fork (and some patience!) Just make sure everything gets thoroughly combined.