Soft and fluffy pumpkin snickerdoodles with a rich pumpkin flavor coated in sugar and pumpkin spice. Vegan and gluten free.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 C of sugar with the pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the remaining 3/4 C sugar with the softened butter. Add pumpkin and vanilla then mix until combined.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to make about 15 identically sized cookies (it’s okay if you have a few more or less) and roll them into balls. Gently roll the balls in the sugar pumpkin spice mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
- Potential allergens contained in these cookies may vary due to brands of ingredients used, product reformulations, etc. Please verify that all your ingredients are safe for you to consume and always be mindful of allergen cross contamination while cooking.
- I’ve tried several different 1-1 gluten free flours in cookie recipes and have had many cookies fall apart and crumble. Unless you have another reliable 1-1 gluten free flour that contains xanthan gum, I would stick with Bob’s Red Mill since that’s what these were tested with. Note that this is made in a facility with tree nuts and soy according to the package I had.