- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is heated, add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. This will only take a few seconds so be careful not to burn it.
- Add broccoli and salt to the skillet, using tongs to evenly coat the broccoli in the oil and salt. You’ll want to let it slightly char but not cook all the way which should happen in under 5 minutes with the higher cooking temperature. Only stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the coconut aminos with the ground ginger.
- Once the broccoli has some char to it, add the coconut aminos mixture and cover the skillet to allow broccoli to finish cooking (this will steam the broccoli and help infuse the flavors.) Use caution when removing the lid as a lot of steam may escape. Note: I like my broccoli on the softer side but if you prefer it to stay somewhat crisp, skip covering the pan and stop cooking once it reaches your preferred doneness.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.