Pepperoni, salami, banana peppers, red onion, and fresh basil on a thin crust pizza made from my gluten free multi-purpose dough.
- 1 batch multi-purpose dough, omit baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C pizza sauce
- 2.5 oz pepperoni
- 2 oz salami
- 1/2 C banana peppers or pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 8 oz cheese, regular or dairy free
- 1/3 C fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dust a pizza stone with a little arrowroot starch and roll out the dough into a thin circle, about 12 inches in diameter, on top of the stone. Lightly brush the dough with olive oil and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce over the baked crust leaving a little room on the edges. Top with pepperoni, salami, banana peppers or pepperoncini, onion, and your choice of regular or dairy free cheese.
- Bake in the oven an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes, then slice and top with fresh basil to serve.
Allow an additional 10 minutes to prep the multi-purpose dough if it’s not already made.
If you can eat cheese, I recommend Imo’s Provel cheese, but you can use whatever you prefer. If you can’t eat cheese, I used Daiya dairy free mozzarella. If you need a paleo option you can also try cashew cheese (the soft variety) or just omit the cheese altogether.