- 10 dried figs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 C pecans, chopped
- 1/4 C shredded coconut, plus extra for topping (optional)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Cut the stems off of the figs and add to a food processor with the coconut oil. Turn on the food processor and allow it to run until the ingredients are well incorporated and you end up with a paste.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add the pecans, coconut, coconut flour, vanilla, and spices. Knead the mixture together with your hands. Don’t worry if you have a few pecans that don’t want to stick.
- Line a sandwich sized storage container with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use an 8×8 baking dish for thinner bars.
- If you had any pecans or coconut that did not stick to your mixture, sprinkle them over the parchment paper. Firmly press the kneaded fig mixture into the container.
- Press toppings onto mixture, if desired then cut into 8 bars. If they feel a little soft, it might be easier to chill them before cutting.
- Eat! Store leftovers in the fridge.