For the spinach mixture:
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or other fat)
- 2 C spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
For the burgers:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- dash cayenne
- 1 lb ground pork
For the sauce:
- 1 C raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1-2 finely diced jalapenos (depending on your spice preference), seeds removed
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add spinach then salt and pepper to taste. Cook down until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the burger ingredients with the cooked spinach.
- Loosely form your burger mixture into 3-4 patties, depending on the size you want.
- Cook the burgers on a grill. I used an indoor grill set to high (400ºF) and cooked for about 5 minutes. The internal temperature of the burger should reach 170ºF.
- While burgers cook, place a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Combine the sauce ingredients and stir until raspberries are broken down and ingredients are completely combined.
- Use the sauce to top off the burgers and serve over spinach, if desired.