- 1 C cashews, soaked 4 hours or overnight
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar, divided
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C finely chopped pecans
- 1 lb whole, fresh strawberries
- Drain water from cashews and add them to a blender or food processor along with the melted coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of the coconut sugar. Blend until smooth and ingredients are fully mixed.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and transfer to a serving dish. A wide, shallow dish works best since you will be adding a layer of “crust” topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. Spread this over the top of the cashew mixture.
- Serve with fresh strawberries for dipping.
Allow at least 4 hours to soak the cashews and another 4 hours for the dip to chill. Because of the “standby” time, it’s easiest to soak the cashews overnight and make the recipe a few hours or the day before you need it. I recommend adding the topping immediately before serving though.
This recipe can serve 4 or 5 people and can easily be doubled or tripled if you want to share it at a party.