Gluten free, dairy free bread pudding in a mug made from leftover sweet potato bread. Cooks in the microwave in just 2 minutes.
- Grease a coffee mug well to prevent sticking.
- Combine the egg, coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in the mug. Whisk with a fork until well-combined.
- Cube the bread slices into bite sized pieces then add to the mug. Use enough that you could coat all the bread with the liquid (egg and bread slice sizes can vary). You can also adjust up or down depending on how much fits in your coffee mug but generally, 1.5-2 slices work well.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp raisins depending on how much you like and gently stir from the bottom up to coat everything.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Remove from the microwave and very gently stir from the bottom up again. Microwave an additional 30 seconds and repeat the microwave-stir process (in 30 second intervals) until all the liquid has been cooked. Typically, this should take about 2 minutes total.
- Once the bread pudding is cooked, allow to cool and serve. Try topping it with powdered sugar or maple syrup or simply enjoy as-is.
- Potential allergens in this recipe may vary due to brands of ingredients used, product reformulations, etc. Please verify that all your ingredients are safe for you to consume and always be mindful of allergen cross contamination while cooking.
- Use a plastic fork to prevent scratching the inside of your mug. Remember to wash or swap out the fork after you've used it to stir the undercooked bread pudding.
- Traditional bread pudding isn't typically stirred so be sure you stir gently to avoid breaking down the bread too much.