- 2 C cranberries
- 1 orange with zest
- 1/2 C pecans
- 1 C cherry juice
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 2 Tbsp gelatin
- Heat cherry juice on the stovetop or in the microwave. I just put mine in the microwave on the beverage setting. You want it just hot enough to dissolve the gelatin.
- Whisk the gelatin into the cherry juice and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the crushed pineapple with juice.
- In a food processor, pulse cranberries and pecans until just roughly chopped. Stir into cherry juice mixture.
- Stir orange zest into the mixture. Add orange wedges to the food processor and process until you get a uniform consistency then stir that in too.
- Place cranberry sauce in the refrigerator overnight or just until cold (about 4 hours). Serve chilled.
Allow 4 hours to chill.
Try substituting cranberry juice or half cranberry juice for a more tart cranberry sauce.