Fresh apricots stuffed with a refreshing cucumber melon basil salsa. Makes a great appetizer or a light dessert.
- 6 apricots
- 1/3 C cucumber, diced very small
- 1/2 C honeydew, diced very small
- 6–10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine cucumber, honeydew, and lemon juice in a bowl. Roll basil leaves together into a log and thinly slice. Stir basil into the mixture and set aside.
- Cut a small square out of the top of each apricot. Use a spoon to lift the top off. Grab the pit with your finger tips and gently wiggle it loose and discard. Now that the pit is removed, slice the top so there is a flat surface to hold extra salsa.
- Stuff the cucumber melon salsa mixture into each apricot and pile a little extra on top. Serve as an appetizer or dessert.
If you don’t want to take the time to hollow out and stuff the apricots in this recipe, just halve them and serve the salsa on top. Or dice up the apricots and mix everything together like a regular fruit salsa. Nothing wrong with shortcuts!