A dairy free, vegan, and paleo version of chocolate chip cheesecake dip with cinnamon dusted plantain chips for dipping in place of graham crackers.
- 1 C cashews, soaked 4 hours or overnight then brought to room temperature
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 3.25 oz bag sweet (ripe) plantain chips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Drain water from cashews and add them to a blender or food processor along with the melted coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut sugar. Blend until smooth and ingredients are fully mixed.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and use a hand mixer to fluff it up a little. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and leave at room temperature to serve. Dust the plantain chips with the cinnamon and serve alongside the dip.
Allow at least 4 hours to soak cashews and another 4 hours to allow the dip to chill.
I usually refrigerate my cashews as they soak then bring them to room temperature before using them. Bringing them to room temperature prevents the dip from becoming lumpy.
Serves about 4 people. Double or triple the recipe if you want to share this at a party.