Pears are poached in vanilla and maple then topped with a melted dark chocolate mixed with cooked raspberries and ginger.
- 5 C water
- 3/4 C maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 pears, peeled (best if just barely ripened and somewhat firm)
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 C raspberries
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- In a saucepan, combine water and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally to keep the syrup from burning on the bottom.
- While waiting for the water to boil, place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds then stir. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted – about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Mash up raspberries with a fork and stir into the melted chocolate along with the ginger. Set aside.
- When the water starts to boil, remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Place back on burner on medium-low heat and once the water returns to a simmer, add pears. You may need to add the pears in two batches. Simmer the pears until softened.
- Slice the pears and top with a spoonful of the raspberry chocolate. Serve immediately.