My Commitment and Approach to Maintaining an Accessible Website
Eat Something Delicious is committed to:
- maintaining an accessible website
- ensuring that this website achieves level AA conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- Complying with the state, federal, local, and ethical guidelines and information provided by government bodies
- Ensuring that all new information on the website will achieve level AA conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- Including accessibility when I procure 3rd-party systems or upgrades to existing systems, when possible
Areas for Improvement and Timelines
I am aware of some areas on the website where I could improve accessibility. I am currently working to achieve this. I hope that this website will achieve Level AA conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 by December 31, 2021. Please see below for a table that documents my current areas for improvement, along with descriptions of the features I have added to remediate these problems.
|Website Section||Improvement Needed||Timeline for Improvement||Completion Date and Notes||Alternative Access|
|image alt attributes||accurate descriptions of images are needed||completion by December 31, 2021||in progress||email Meagan@eatsomethingdelicious.com for assistance|
|keyboard navigation||all elements on the screen need to be accessible using a keyboard only||completion by December 31, 2021||Most items are accessible but a few are not. This is my highest priority at the moment.||The use of an ad blocker may resolve some of the issues. Email Meagan@eatsomethingdelicious.com for assistance.|
|color contrast||adjust colors to pass WCAG level AA contrast requirements||completion by December 31, 2021||Most non-image colors pass level AA contrast requirements but a few still need adjusted.||email email@example.com for assistance|
|form labels||fill in missing form labels||completion by December 31, 2021||Most form labels present. Only known issues are on recipe ratings||email Meagan@eatsomethingdelicious.com for assistance|
I am doing my best to create an inclusive website that is accessible to everyone. That being said, there is always a chance I could miss something so feedback is greatly appreciated.
If you require assistance with features that are inaccessible for you or if you have suggestions for improvement, please email me at Meagan@eatsomethingdelicious.com.
Accessibility statement last updated July 15th, 2020.