Don’t get me wrong, I can eat peanut butter without problems. I have actually come to prefer sunflower seed butter. I cut out peanut butter shortly after my gluten intolerance diagnosis a few years back because a girl at my work with celiac disease told me a lot of peanut butter contains gluten without it being on the label. I’ve never heard that before and I think it was a myth. I re-introduced it maybe 2 years ago and it has never given me any problems.
So that makes this chia pudding nut free, dairy free, grain free, protein packed, AND…topped with sunbutter cups because we just got uncomfortably healthy there. Those are of course completely optional. I used store bought but I really wish I would have made this at the same time I made Vanessa Barajas’ nut butter cups. That recipe is amazing. I even had enough filling left over to make one double decker style. Look!
You can use whatever sweetened chocolate protein powder you like in this recipe but I really like pureWOD Build. I have another dairy-free protein powder but I love how rich this one is for recipes. I originally bought it to try this Fudgy Protein Mug Cake. That recipe was so good!!! I topped mine with maple butter. Anyways, I ended up really liking the stuff so I kept buying it. I recommend it for this recipe because the chocolate flavor is a lot richer than other protein powders.Print
- 3/4 C full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 C sunflower seed butter
- 30 g sweetened chocolate protein powder, I used pureWOD Build
- 1/4 C chia seeds
- sunbutter cups for topping, chopped (optional)
- Using either a blender bottle, blender, or wire whisk, combine the coconut milk, sunflower seed butter, and protein powder.
- Stir in the chia seeds.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Try topping with these sunbutter cups from Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind