I wasn’t planning on posting this recipe but I haven’t had time to make anything new so I needed something to keep me entertained. The blog is already pretty cheesecake heavy (Key Lime Crème Brûlée Cheesecake Bites, Gooey Butter Cake, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip, Strawberry Cheesecake Dip) and this is actually just a variation of my strawberry cheesecake dip but I figured it might be nice to have the recipe saved somewhere. I’ll probably replace the photo for three reasons. 1) I should probably decorate lemon cheesecake with something other than a strawberry. I made this for Mother’s Day and just wanted to experiment and see if I could make a strawberry rose. 2) I never replaced my springform pan and was stuck using a pie pan. 3) I want an excuse to eat more cheesecake.
I actually do have a blog recipe in my “queue” but I still have some photos to edit and a Pinterest image to create. Can’t wait to work on that stuff this week! Remember how I started my “I’m only human recipes“? I’m making a “Forgot My Lunch Salad” as the next recipe in the series. It’s actually really useful (I’ve had to use it many times!) and I think you’ll enjoy it.
- 1 C pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 2 C cashews, soaked in water 4 hours or overnight
- ½ C coconut oil, melted
- ½ C lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C maple syrup
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- In a bowl, combine the pecan crumbles, ¼ C coconut sugar, and 2 tsp cinnamon. Use a fork to mix in the softened (3 Tbsp) of coconut oil. Press this mixture into the bottom of a springform pan or pie pan.
- Drain water from cashews and add them to a blender or food processor along with the other filling ingredients. Blend until smooth and ingredients are fully mixed.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the pecan crust. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Serve chilled, no need to let it soften.